Saturday, August 15, 2009

to blog, or not to blog

Have you heard the theory that given enough monkeys mashing on keyboards (and enough time), they will eventually produce Shakespeare?
The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.
Thanks to the Internet, we can actually try it out. Think of this blog as monkey #1,596,270,109 taking his place at the typewriter. This is where I will dump my random thoughts on life, and although I doubt that anyone will find anything I write particularly enlightening, I write with the hope that "putting pen to paper" will help me to refine my own thoughts into something a little less random.

1 comment: